- 3-in1 Ball driver for fast shackle change
- The shackle can be changed in seconds, because the driverstopper plate and spring can be dropped out in one piece. All you have to do to install the new shackle is to drop the ball bearings and the 3-in-1 ball driver back in.
- Z-bar (included)
- Finally the Z-bar is symmetrical. If you add the Z-bar into the lock, the lock becomes key-retaining. Without the Z-Bar the lock is non key-retaining.
- Most versatility - lowest stock with maximum applications
- You can use any shackle for this lock, may it be brass, stainless steel shackle, or hardened shackle with nano-protect coating. You can use the same shackles for the SFIC (small format interchangeable core) version, aluminum body version, and shrouded shackle version as long as the shackle diameter is 5/16" and for the weather protect (WP) series.
- Works with most KiK or KiL cylinders with the adapter, which basically enables this padlock to work with any commercial locking solution. The KiK adapters are included with the lock. KiK stands for Key in Knob and KiL for Key in Lever.
Advantages for the end user:
- The ball bearing locking mechanism that provides a very high pulling resistance. That means that it will be very difficult for any attacker to pull or lever the shackle open.
- The ABUS 83WP/53 has a 7/16" shackle diameter, which provides the best cutting resistance. If you need great weather protection and good security at the same time, this is the lock for you. People use it to secure gates, storage facilities, tool boxes and much more.
- Quick note on freezing: the lock will still freeze, since moist air is getting into the lock, where some water condensates around the pins and core, making it immovable. Every lock freezes in te extreme cold. It will take lower temperatures for the WP to freeze than unprotected locks. So if you are not in extreme weather, it will help you out and keep operating longer.
- The lock can be rekeyed as many times as necessary. That saves money in case that a facility needs to be rekeyed or the lock needs to be used somewhere else.
- ABUS 83 Series has been in use for over 20 years now. The series 2 has been in the market for well over 5 years with hundreds of thousands of units sold. That also means it has been tested by users and thieves alike for many years. All the kinks are worked out and the user can trust that there are no vulnerabilities to easily exploit.
- Designed with the commercial and industrial customer in mind, the lock is designed very sturdy with great corrosion resistance and can take a beating.
- Even though the body is made out of hardened steel, it does very well in the outdoors thanks to the nano-protect coating and the plastic shell. The plastic shell also protects the lock when falling down or wacking on a gate while dangling from a chain...
- The nano-protect coating on the hardened steel shackle is very corrosion resistant. It consists of several different layers including copper and chrome. It is applied in a manner that the layers are very "dense". All the nano holes are plugged up, not allowing any oxygen to interact with the hardened steel underneath.
- Very durable lubrication for a long lock life
- Limited Lifetime Warranty by ABUS to cover any production defects
Outside dimensions for each lock (see pictures to locate the dimensions of the lock):
Width [a]: 2-1/2"
Horizontal clearance [b]: 1"
Vertical clearance [c]: 1" depends on the shackle height chosen
Shackle diameter [d]: 7/16"
Depth [e]: 1-3/8"
Height [f]: 4-3/8"
Weight [lbs]: 1.16 lbs
For our customers in California: Please observe the proposition 65 warning for this product: WARNING: This product contains chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer, birth defect or other reproductive harm.