- Pinning Window
- A pin can be quickly suppressed and the core rotated to the pinning window. That allows for extremely quick dumping of the pins and re-pinning it. We have seen people pin a padlock in 10 seconds from the start to finish. The pinning window makes it much easier to insert the bottom pins. No follower necessary!
- 6th chamber access
- The 5-pin cylinder can be turned quickly into a 6-pin, by adding the spring and top pin to the cylinder. That makes it much easier for the locksmith to cover those rare occasions where a 6 pin Schlage, Kwikset, Weiser etc. is required.
- Quick shackle change feature
- The shackle can be changed in seconds with a quick shackle change tool or slightly modified screw driver
- Z-bar (included)
- Finally the Z-bar is symmetrical. If you add the Z-bar into the lock, the lock becomes key-retaining. Without the Z-Bar the lock is non key-retaining.
- Works with your standard lab pins
- Works with most KiK or KiL cylinders with the adapter, which basically enables this padlock to work with any commercial locking solution. Purchase the KiK adapters separately or just add them to the lock.
- Keyways: all cylinders contain one key blank except for the EVER keyway
Advantages for the end user:
- The ball bearing locking mechanism that provides a very high pulling resistance. That means that it will be very difficult for any attacker to pull or lever the shackle open.
- The ABUS 83SUBMAR/53 has a 5/16" shackle diameter, which provides good cutting resistance. If you need amazing weather protection and good security at the same time, this is the lock for you. People use it to secure gates, storage facilities, tool boxes and much more. If you need best cutting resistance try the 83WP/63 with the 7/16" shackle diameter.
- Quick note on freezing: the lock will still freeze, since moist air is getting into the lock, where some water condensates around the pins and core, making it immovable. Every lock freezes in te extreme cold. It will take lower temperatures for the WP to freeze than unprotected locks. So if you are not in extreme weather, it will help you out and keep operating longer.
- The lock can be rekeyed as many times as necessary. That saves money in case that a facility needs to be rekeyed or the lock needs to be used somewhere else.
- ABUS 83 Series has been in use for over 20 years now. The series 2 has been in the market for well over 5 years with hundreds of thousands of units sold. That also means it has been tested by users and thieves alike for many years. All the kinks are worked out and the user can trust that there are no vulnerabilities to easily exploit.
- Designed with the commercial and industrial customer in mind, the lock is designed very sturdy with great corrosion resistance and can take a beating.
- Stainless Steel Shackle provides extremely good corrosion and chemical resistance, but it is quite a bit softer than the hardened steel shackle. The cutting resistance is better than the brass shackle, but not nearly as high as the hardened steel shackle.
- The high corrosion resistance is the main reason you would want to opt for the stainless steel shackle. Especially together with a stainless steel hasp or equipment, there will be no contact corrosion and the lock will keep very clean, even in usage close to a body of water/on boats etc.
- Very durable lubrication for a long lock life
- Limited Lifetime Warranty by ABUS to cover any production defects
Outside dimensions for each lock (see pictures to locate the dimensions of the lock):
Width [a]: 2-1/4"
Horizontal clearance [b]: 1"
Vertical clearance [c]: 1"
Shackle diameter [d]: 5/16"
Depth [e]: 1-3/8"
Height [f]: 3-3/4"
Weight [lbs]: 0.76 lbs
For our customers in California: Please observe the proposition 65 warning for this product: WARNING: This product contains chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer, birth defect or other reproductive harm.