- Quick shackle change feature
- The shackle can be changed in seconds with a quick shackle change tool or slightly modified screw driver
- Z-bar (included)
- Finally the Z-bar is symmetrical. If you add the Z-bar into the lock, the lock becomes key-retaining. Without the Z-Bar the lock is non key-retaining.
- Most versatility - lowest stock with maximum applications
- You can use any shackle for this lock, may it be brass, stainless steel shackle, or hardened shackle with nano-protect coating. You can use the same shackles for the SFIC (small format interchangeable core) version, aluminum body version, and shrouded shackle version as long as the shackle diameter is 5/16" and it is not the weather protect series.
- Adapters work with most SFIC cylinders.
Advantages for the end user:
- The ball bearing locking mechanism that provides a very high pulling resistance. That means that it will be very difficult for any attacker to pull or lever the shackle open.
- The ABUS 83/45 has a 5/16" shackle diameter, which provides good cutting resistance. If you need extremely high cutting resistance it is better to look at the 83/50 or the 83/55.
- The lock can be rekeyed as many times as necessary. That saves money in case that a facility needs to be rekeyed or the lock needs to be used somewhere else.
- ABUS 83/45 has been in use for over 20 years now. The series 2 has been in the market for well over 5 years with hundreds of thousands of units sold. That also means it has been tested by users and thieves alike for many years. All the kinks are worked out and the user can trust that there are no vulnerabilities to easily exploit.
- Designed with the commercial and industrial customer in mind, the lock is designed very sturdy with great corrosion resistance and can take a beating.
- Depending on the shackle material you can use the stainless steel shackle or brass shackle with extremely good corrosion and chemical resistance or the hardened steel shackle version with Nano Protect Coating.
- The nano protect coating on the hardened steel shackle is very corrosion resistant. It consists of several different layers including copper and chrome. It is applied in a manner that the layers are very "dense". All the nano holes are plugged up, not allowing any oxygen to interact with the hardened steel underneath.
- The only potential trouble is when the shackle gets scratched up extremely hard repeatedly, removing the chrome and all the layers. That exposes the hardened steel underneath. If you anticipate a scenario like that, we recommend you opt for a stainless steel or brass option.
- Stainless steel and brass are more corrosion resistant, however the metal is much softer, reducing the cutting resistance of the shackle. It is even more important to not use overly long shackles, if you do not need them.
- Very durable lubrication for a long lock life
- Limited Lifetime Warranty by ABUS to cover any production defects
Outside dimensions for each lock (see pictures to locate the dimensions of the lock):
Width [a]: 1 7/8"
Horizontal clearance [b]: 15/16"
Vertical clearance [c]: 1"
Shackle diameter [d]: 5/16"
Depth [e]: 13/16"
Height [f]: 3 1/4"
Weight [lbs]: 0.55 lbs
For our customers in California: Please observe the proposition 65 warning for this product: WARNING: This product contains chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer, birth defect or other reproductive harm.