- Quick shackle change feature
- The shackle can be changed in seconds with a quick shackle change tool or slightly modified screw driver
- Z-bar (included)
- Finally the Z-bar is symmetrical. If you add the Z-bar into the lock, the lock becomes key-retaining. Without the Z-Bar the lock is non key-retaining.
- Most versatility - lowest stock with maximum applications
- You can use any shackle for this lock, may it be brass, stainless steel shackle, or hardened shackle with nano-protect coating. You can use the same shackles for the SFIC (small format interchangeable core) version, aluminum body version, and shrouded shackle version as long as the shackle diameter is 5/16" and it is not the weather protect series.
- Adapters (included) work with most 6-pin and 7-pin Small Format Interchangeable Core (SFIC) cylinders.
Advantages for the end user:
- The ball bearing locking mechanism that provides a very high pulling resistance. That means that it will be very difficult for any attacker to pull or lever the shackle open.
- The ABUS 83/45 has a 5/16" shackle diameter, which provides good cutting resistance. If you need extremely high cutting resistance it is better to look at the 83/50 or the 83/55.
- The lock can be rekeyed as many times as necessary. That saves money in case that a facility needs to be rekeyed or the lock needs to be used somewhere else.
- ABUS 83/45 has been in use for over 20 years now. The series 2 has been in the market for well over 5 years with hundreds of thousands of units sold. That also means it has been tested by users and thieves alike for many years. All the kinks are worked out and the user can trust that there are no vulnerabilities to easily exploit.
- Designed with the commercial and industrial customer in mind, the lock is designed very sturdy with great corrosion resistance and can take a beating..
- Brass shackle has extremely good corrosion and chemical resistance, but it is much softer than the hardened steel shackle. The cutting resistance is not nearly as high
- One advantage besides the high corrosion resistance is the spark resistance. That is one of the reason why some military facilities, refineries will only allow all brass locks. This lock will fit that bill in this configuration.
- Brass shackles are more corrosion resistant, however the metal is much softer, reducing the cutting resistance of the shackle. It is even more important to not use overly long shackles, if you do not need them.
- Very durable lubrication for a long lock life
- Limited Lifetime Warranty by ABUS to cover any production defects
Outside dimensions for each lock (see pictures to locate the dimensions of the lock):
Width [a]: 1 7/8"
Horizontal clearance [b]: 15/16"
Vertical clearance [c]: 1"
Shackle diameter [d]: 5/16"
Depth [e]: 13/16"
Height [f]: 3 1/4"
Weight [lbs]: 0.55 lbs
For our customers in California: Please observe the proposition 65 warning for this product: WARNING: This product contains chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer, birth defect or other reproductive harm.