- 3-in1 Ball driver for fast shackle change
- The shackle can be changed in seconds, because the driverstopper plate and spring can be dropped out in one piece. All you have to do to install the new shackle is to drop the ball bearings and the 3-in-1 ball driver back in.
- Z-bar (included)
- Finally the Z-bar is symmetrical. If you add the Z-bar into the lock, the lock becomes key-retaining. Without the Z-Bar the lock is non key-retaining.
- Most versatility - lowest stock with maximum applications
- You can use any shackle for this lock, may it be brass, stainless steel shackle, or hardened shackle with nano-protect coating. You can use the same shackles for the SFIC (small format interchangeable core) version, aluminum body version, and shrouded shackle version as long as the shackle diameter is 7/16" and it is not the weather protect series.
- Adapters work with most SFIC cylinders - easy installation in a couple of seconds.
Advantages for the end user:
- The ball bearing locking mechanism that provides a very high pulling resistance. That means that it will be very difficult for any attacker to pull or lever the shackle open.
- The ABUS 83/55 has a 7/16" shackle diameter, which provides top of the line cutting resistance. If you need extremely high cutting and pulling resistance this is the lock for you. The shrouding takes it to another level. Shrouded padlocks, when used with a proper hasp are almost never attacked successfully with a bolt cutter. People use it to secure commercial containers, tool boxes with high value or tractor trailers.
- The lock can be rekeyed as many times as necessary. That saves money in case that a facility needs to be rekeyed or the lock needs to be used somewhere else.
- ABUS 83 Series has been in use for over 20 years now. The series 2 has been in the market for well over 5 years with hundreds of thousands of units sold. That also means it has been tested by users and thieves alike for many years. All the kinks are worked out and the user can trust that there are no vulnerabilities to easily exploit.
- Designed with the commercial and industrial customer in mind, the lock is designed very sturdy with great corrosion resistance and can take a beating.
- Even though the body is made out of hardened steel, it does very well in the outdoors thanks to the nano-protect coating.
- Depending on the shackle material you can use the stainless steel shackle or brass shackle with extremely good corrosion and chemical resistance or the hardened steel shackle version with Nano Protect Coating.
- The nano protect coating on the hardened steel shackle is very corrosion resistant. It consists of several different layers including copper and chrome. It is applied in a manner that the layers are very "dense". All the nano holes are plugged up, not allowing any oxygen to interact with the hardened steel underneath.
- Very durable lubrication for a long lock life
- Limited Lifetime Warranty by ABUS to cover any production defects
Outside dimensions for each lock (see pictures to locate the dimensions of the lock):
Width [a]: 2-3/16"
Horizontal clearance [b]: 1"
Vertical clearance [c]: 1" depends on the shackle height chosen
Shackle diameter [d]: 7/16" (0.453")
Depth [e]: 1"
Height [f]: 3-5/8"
Weight [lbs]: 1.29 lbs
For our customers in California: Please observe the proposition 65 warning for this product: WARNING: This product contains chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer, birth defect or other reproductive harm.